Hybrid and Plug-In Electric Vehicles
As fossil resources diminish day after day, electric mobility clearly emerges as the most desirable technology. The future of transportation will be shaped by electric vehicles. At the moment, the main advantage of liquid fuel is the high energy density when compared to other portable energy storage mediums.
Electric and hybrid vehicles are considered to be the most important research topics in the field of worldwide energy mobile consumption. In order to be mobile, energy produced by wind and solar technologies has to be stored for later mobile use.
CASPOC offers design engineers the best suite to analyze their systems:
- Entire drive cycle can be modeled and simulated; i.e. mechanical drive train (including non-linear stiff models such as wheel slip, gearbox, brakes and clutch)
- Analysis of electric machines in detail – dedicated models for fast simulation of electric drive control
- Thermal models for electric machines and power electronics
- Analysis of thermal behavior of the power electronics for a complete drive cycle
- Analysis of thermal behavior in an electric machine and generator for a complete drive cycle
- Detailed power electronics and control
- State of Charge (SoC) of the battery