INDUCTO 2D program provides coupled electromagnetic and thermal field analyses in the 2D/RS domain. The eddy current simulation capabilities of OERSTED are linked to the thermal analysis capabilities of KELVIN to provide a complete solution for induction heating problems.
INDUCTO 2D can perform both transient and steady-state simulations. In addition, the OERSTED and KELVIN modules can be used separately when coupled simulations are not required.
Using INDUCTO 2D designers can:
- Determine temperature distribution at all points within a model
- Calculate effective resistance and reactance of induction coils
- Calculate total power requirements for induction heating systems
- Custom design coils to accommodate specific induction heating applications
- Design flux concentrators, magnetic shunts and electromagnetic shields
- Investigate effects of transient heating and cooling regimes