This obscure message indicates a graphics conflict on your system. With INTEGRATED programs it is usually a conflict with NetMeeting running in the background – often without the user being aware of it. The problem can be solved with this procedure:
- Right-click on your desktop and select New>Shortcut from the popup menu
- Set the target as the file IES.exe in your IES program folder. By default this should be in either C:Program Files\IES or C:Program Files (x86)\IES (the latter if you have a 32 bit version install on 64 bit Windows).
- Right click on the new shortcut for your IES program. A menu will pop up.
- At the bottom of the popup menu is “Properties” – left click on that.
- In the dialog box that opens up go into the “Target” location which will have the location for IES.exe and modify it to read IES.exe -g 0 then apply the settings
- This switch indicates that your program should use graphics mode “0”. This doesn’t exist, and the program will instead search for a safe mode itself.