Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Induced current density pattern, due to a monopole antenna
located on an airplane
located on an airplane
- What operating systems do you support?
- What hardware configuration advice can you give for optimal performance?
- Choosing a System to Use with INTEGRATED's Software
- What 3D design tips do you have to simplify modeling?
- Why choose Integrated Engineering Software?
- How do I fix graphics problems?
- How do I Control the Server Time-Out Period with a Network Key?
- What does 'Unable to Create Empty Document' Mean?
- How to run Field Exchange Utility to extend evaluation?
- Can I put a NC series network key on a non-networked computer?
- How do I run a network program from a different subnet?
- What can I do when my network program is taking excessive time to start?
- What can I do if my network program is losing the license due to busy network?
- I installed your programs onto a new computer and now the key is not recognized. What is wrong?
- How do I prevent the blue screen when re-docking my laptop?
- How big a model, with non-linear materials, can be quickly solved in AMPERES with 8GB RAM?
- What geometries can be modeled with the 2D programs?
- How is INTEGRATED software protected from piracy?
- What is the Boundary Element Method?
- How do I launch more than one batch file?
- Comparison of BEM with FEM
- How many boundary elements do I need?
- How do I perform magnetic energy loss calculations?
- What are scratch files?
- How do I account for torque and loss in a 2D motor model?
- What is the difference between the streamlines and trajectory functions?
- How can I get a better looking contour plot?
- Why do my Voltage contours sometimes cross electrode surfaces?
- What type of solvers should be used for my particular application?
- Can you calculate eddy current losses in metal switchgear enclosures?
- Can you determine the AC resistance of the coils?
- Can we use uniform heat distribution with BEM (Boundary Element Method)?
- How can I import commercial CAD designs?
- What IGES Export options do you recommend for SolidWorks?
- How do I use the direct import from SDRC IDEAS?
- How do I use the direct import from PRO-E?
- Why do I get an error message Unable to Connect to Pro/Engineer?
- Explain periodic modeling.
- What are the limitations of Define Surface?
- How can I draw a model without overlapping surfaces?
- How are you sure of proper contact of two volumes in 3D programs?
- How can I view my model in a MS Terminal Server window?
- What are my choices to rotate, zoom, and pan to view my model?
- How do Integrated Programs handle nonlinear (irreversible) magnetic materials?
- How are nonlinear material files created?
- When do I need periodic conditions?
- How do I use periodic conditions successfully?
- How do I know whether to use conductivity, permittivity or both in a simulation?
- How do I Load or Modify a Nonlinear Material?